"Running a business is a lot more important than starting one."

So says Seth.

He's talking about business, but I think it's true about business because it's true about life.

His example: marriage is more important than the wedding.

My example: you'll spend more time walking with the Spirit than you will getting saved or entirely sanctified.

I don't want to remove the importance of initiations, those first steps, but I do want to put it in perspective. My everyday walk in step with the Spirit is on my mind more than the times I've been to the altar, not because the altar is unimportant but because marriage is not for the wedding. The wedding is for marriage.

There are less butterflies in my stomach on a day-to-day basis in my life with my wife than there were when we started dating. We have begun (and will continue for a lifetime) to settle into consistent harmony.

I think it's that way with God, too.

Walking in step.

Comments

Most viewed

How do we integrate grief into worship?

The Fruit of the Spirit & the Spirit-Filled Life